for more articles
Choose the best boat or yacht at our online auction
|The best way to enjoy a water escapade is to buy your own boat. Boat or yacht auctions is just the kind of place for you to pick up a boat or yacht of your choice at down to earth prices! A whole range of boat parts, hardware, accessories, electronics and instruments are also on offer on boat parts auctions!
But buying a boat or yacht at online auction also requires some careful planning so as to ensure that you get the best deal available. Here we provide you some useful tips that may help you in choosing the best boat or yacht at our online auction!
Tips for buying boats at boat auctions
Online boat auctions offer a wide range of boats, yachts and watercrafts and so some experienced opinion would help you make the right choice. If you're a first time buyer, we suggest you engage a professional boat surveyor to help you - not only to assess the boat you're interested in, but also to decide what sort of boat is most appropriate for your needs.
• For instance, do you need the boat primarily for your own use, i.e. fishing boat or cruising, or will do you plan to take your family members out in it too? Then make sure you don’t end up with a boat too small for your family’s needs or one too big for just one person! Be sure to think about what is really important to you and those around you.
• Most used boats for sale online need some work done on them and it is better you do some research beforehand, study some boats preferably in the company of someone experienced, to assess what work is required and how much it would cost additionally. You will be amazed to find how this would help you avoid putting money in boats with problems you can’t fix.
• Examine carefully the equipment and safety items in the boat – whether they are in good condition or would it cost a fortune to have them replaced? Sometimes, you may also find a boat has a lot (and we mean a lot) of equipment that doesn't get factored into the sale price. If the equipment's sound, these boats can make great buys.
• Online boat auctions offer a wide choice of models. Opt for a popular model, which makes it easier for you to find replacement parts or even resell the boat at a later date. Do a market study on the prices of different models so that you pick the best deal. Boat or yacht auctions try and set a fair market value for goods.
• A larger boat will require higher costs to operate, maintain and store it. A general guideline for boat cost is to take the boat’s monthly payment and double it for estimating your total monthly outlay. A boater is likely to spend that amount due to added cost for gas, insurance, maintenance and mooring or storing the boat. Fortunately, Galleys (cooking, head and sleeping quarters) do qualify in most states for a write off as a second home. Check with your accountant before you buy a boat to see what the tax implications are.
Tips for successful boat auction sales
For conducting successful boat auction sales, we are providing some useful selling tips too!
Boats typically fall into five categories: Fishing Boats, Power Boats, Sailboats, Personal Watercraft and Self powered boats.
• Make sure to put up some good photos of your boat in your listing in our online boat auctions. Photos should be exterior side view, rear shot, helm and interior. Buyers won’t bid for plain text description of your boat.
• Add value to your used boat by mentioning that you are including a radar, fish finder, downriggers etc. These often spur buyers to opt for a used boat rather than a new one.
• Put a clean boat for sale and not a filthy one. It’s much easier to find buyers for a clean boat.
• If your boat has had repairs, list them. It is normal for most used boats to have undergone repairs. Ignoring these will only create suspicion amongst your potential buyers.
• Price your boat right! Do a survey on the internet for similar boats to ensure that you don’t price yours too high. Moreover, it will help you find out what advantage you have over the others – either in price or features.
• If your boat is over 5 years old, it is advantageous for you to get a survey done on it before you list it. A survey will help you identify the weak points. This is especially true for Yacht and High Performance boats.
If you are on the hunt to buy your dream boat, yacht or watercraft or any other hardware, parts or accessories, visit Auctions4Wheels.com for some truly affordable online boat auctions. Registration is FREE with this auction site. You can choose to place a bid and if successful you will receive a confirmation message. If your bid fails to outbid the current high bidder you will be offered the option to place a higher bid.
About the author:
Articles in the
Article Directory gathered by the
website content creation team at